Highest customer satisfaction is our goal!
Let yourself be convinced by our guests’ reviews on independent travel sites.
Linz in two days
Only little time, but still curious about Linz? You would like to get to know Linz, the European Capital of Culture 2009 and the Unesco City of Media Arts on the banks of the Danube? This offer is exactly right for you! Whether you would like to gather new impressions or come to Linz for a specific event, this offer is tailored for a weekend of various advantages:
- attractively priced and valid Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
- no time lost – central and quiet location in the middle of the city
- enjoy a hearty breakfast for a perfect start to your day
- a small Linz surprise at your arrival
It is not possible to see all of the interesting hotspots of Linz in only two days, however here are some suggestions to help you get started.
Our personal Kolping tips for your short holiday in Linz:
- An ascent of the Mariendom Cathedral steeple (for a sensational view of Linz) or take a guided tour through Austria’s largest church. Only five minutes’ walk from our hotel.
- Afterwards regain your strength in Café Jindrak (near the Mariendom) with a piece of Original Linzer Torte, the oldest cake recipe in the world.
- A walk through the city center to the Old City with its individual shops and a colorful gastronomic scene.
- On we go up to the Schlossberg, which offers a grand view of Linz and the Schlossmuseum with its various exhibitions.
- Visit the Hauptplatz (Main Square), including its Trinity Column. From here you can also go on a city sightseeing tour on board the yellow “Linzer City Express” train.
- Feel like having dinner above the roof tops of Linz? We suggest the “Brasserie” on the Schlossberg, or the “Pöstlingbergschlössl”. If you prefer a more grounded atmosphere, we recommend the traditional Klosterhof where you can experience the city’s most beautiful beer garden.
After a good night’s sleep in Hotel Kolping and a visit to our extensive breakfast buffet, you are ready to start your exciting, second day.
- Feel like a trip into the green nature? Consider a river cruise on the Danube, a ride on the Pöstlingberg railway up to the Pöstlingberg landmark, or perhaps a visit to the Botanical Garden
- A visit to the Hauptplatz with its Glockenspiel carillon chimes and the Trinity Column. From here you can also go on a city sightseeing tour on board the yellow “Linzer City Express” train.
After two days you will be sure to return home with many new impressions.
In case you are interested in staying two nights after all, you can find out more about our Adventure Weekend offer.
All current events for planning your weekend in Linz can be found here.
Fragen Sie an and register for a room with us in Hotel Kolping
- One night in a comfortable single or double room
- Fresh and healthy breakfast buffet with organic products for a perfect start to your day
- A small Linz surprise at your arrival
- Personal consultation and information for your stay in Linz from our staff at reception
Single room from € 75
Double room from € 95
The prices are per person and package as listed above, including taxes, excluding city tax of € 2, and apply to people at least 16 years of age.
The offer is valid on all weekends as well as holidays and school holidays in 2017, depending on availability.
Cancellation policy: the reservation can be cancelled without penalty up to one day before arrival.
Guests in their own words
"The Landestheater Linz has been working together with Hotel Kolping for years now. The performers staying in this hotel rave about the excellent service and welcoming atmosphere which help them to relax in between the stressful rehearsals in the theater."
– Sabrina Reisenberger
OÖ. Theater und Orchestra
Artistic Director’s staff
"What always convinces us again and again when booking hotel- and seminar rooms, is the reliable processing, the good and personal support, the pleasant atmosphere, the central but still quiet location, and last but not least, the good value in terms of price and quality."
– Elfriede Neidl
Thalia Buch & Medien GmbH
"There are three reasons why I have been a regular guest at the Hotel Kolping in Linz for eight years. First, the excellent and quiet location in the city center; second, the friendly and competent personnel in the entire hotel; and third, the wonderful breakfast. Here you can only feel at ease.“
– Alois Öxl
Federal Ministry of the Interior